The Babe Ruth Birthplace Foundation, Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit educational institution dedicated to perpetuating the historic legacy of Babe Ruth, Baltimore's Orioles and Colts, and local and regional sports at the amateur, collegiate and professional levels, by preserving, exhibiting, interpreting and augmenting its collection for a diverse audience.
To implement its mission, the Museums:
* Provide entertaining cultural and educational experiences through dynamic exhibits and programs at the Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum and Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards facilities;
* Preserve, maintain and commemorate the historic significance of its facilities;
* Contribute to the economic development of the region with two prominent visitor destination points;
* Provide effective, dynamic community outreach; and
* Encourage scholarly research by maintaining a comprehensive library and archives.