The Colonial Players
The purpose of the organisation shall be to provide facilities, education, training, and encouragement to all members of the community who are interested in participating in the dramatic arts and further to educate the community to the appreciation of the dramatic arts by providing a variety of dramatic entertainment.
- We value quality, both on stage and off, in all theatrical endeavors.
- We value the contributions and involvement of all people in the creative process.
- We value growth and development in education and mentoring.
- We value being part of the larger community of Annapolis.
- We value fiscal responsibility and stewardship of resources.
Colonial Players offers a wide variety of dramatic productions in the heart of downtown Annapolis. Founded in 1949 by a group of Annapolitans dedicated to bringing high quality theater to what was then a very small town on the Chesapeake Bay, the theater continues to thrive with a dedicated corps of volunteers and a loyal subscriber base.
Our first production in 1949, The Male Animal, was staged in the Annapolis Recreation Center at the foot of Compromise Street. A scan of the original playbill is shown below. Click on either page to enlarge the pages.
The Colonial Players is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media